PRIVATE BEACHSIDE COUPLES PROGRAMMEHEALING RELATIONSHIPS BROKEN BY DEPRESSION, ANXIETY, STRESS & TRAUMA
A completely private programme, your own private beachside apartment, with personlised targeted therapy from an integrated care team to get the best results.
There are many reasons why couples become distant and with busy lives the relationship gets less of a priority and those involved lose track of the how and why of staying together.
The more we see our partner through the filter of negative judgments the more we lose touch with who they really are -we respond by fighting more and nothing ever gets resolved. When we fight with our partner or react in ways that strain the relationship or reinforce deep seated fears, we forget that they are in pain as well
When working with couples we predominately combine Acceptance Commitment Therapy, mindfulness and predominantly PACT® (a Psychological Approach to Couples Therapy) which draws on cutting edge research in three areas
The first is neuroscience education - in a nutshell, some areas of the brain are wired to reduce threat and anger and seek security while others are geared to establish mutuality and loving connection.
The second area is attachment theory which explains the biological need to bond with others. Insecurities that have been carried through life can reek havoc for a couples if these issues are not resolved.
Thirdly, the area of biology of human arousal which means the moment to moment ability to manage energy, alertness and readiness to engage with each other.
Learn more - Relationships Are Hard, But Why? | Stan Tatkin | TEDxKC
Your therapist will support you both in learning how to stay connected by;
helping each other feel safe and secure
managing each others' emotional highs and lows
rekindling love and support
minimise each other's stress and optimise each others health.
Other modalities of relationship therapy that we use
Imago Relationship Therapist (Dr Harville Hendrix)
Gottman Relationship Therapist (Dr John Gottman)
Encounter Centred Couples Therapy EcCT (Hedy Schleifer)
Conjoint Family Therapy (Dan Wiley).
Internal Family Systems (Richard Schwartz)
Attachment Based Family Therapy - ABFT
PROGRAMME INCLUSIONSHEALING RELATIONSHIPS BROKEN BY DEPRESSION, ANXIETY, STRESS & TRAUMA
- Gottman Institute Relationships Questionnaire for each of you
- Complete review and assessment with a Gottman trained psychotherapist
- Clinical recommendations for intervention with your psychotherapist
- Individual therapy for both of you before commencing of your residential stay (online)
- Individual therapy during your stay
- Couples therapy (PACT) during your stay with up to two highly trained therapists
- Dedicated self development time to complete assigned work from your therapists
- Educational material to work through between sessions to compliment the self development and process time
- Process and downtime to work through both the individual and couple challenges, rest and recharge.
- Self development and relationship therapy with equine assisted psychotherapy (EAGALA) - individual sessions and couples session
- Guest support for transfers to appointments and airport
- Private self contained apartment with rooftop spa
- Individual aftercare therapy for both of you once you are back home (online)
+ access to the entire team of therapies and providers for add-on treatments including:
- exercise physiology
- remedial & relaxation massage
- personal training
- A standard programme starts with 2-4 weeks of work with you both to prepare.
- This is followed by a 5 day or longer beachside residential stay
- Followed by another 4 weeks of aftercare with you both to apply what you have learned.
A programmes can go for 9-10 weeks in length, sometimes a little longer. In all, a total of 28 hours of therapy time, which would normally be done over 6 months. This is a very effective and intensive programme but needs both members of the couple to be willing for change.
2-3 BEDROOM APARTMENTS
PRIVATE & COMFORTABLE
ROOFTOP SPA & DINING
HOW TO GET STARTED
Make your purchase of the Gottman Relationship Questionnaire. This is a $300 investment, paid upfront, that will come off the total of your programme should you go ahead. It includes:
- A Gottman trained psychotherapist to review your responses and case and make recommendations with a programme treatment plan.
- Case management from Goodsky to begin creating your programme around the clinical recommendations and bringing in the correct therapists for your needs.
We will send you the links to your confidential questionnaire, and once completed, your psychotherapist will review and set up an appointment with you both to go over the your responses and talk about solutions.
Confirm and book your programme with your case manager and begin individual therapy before your arrival.